Back to Recipe Search
Use as a dip for fresh fruit or drizzle over ice cream or apple pie.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 cups
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat. Add condensed milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a full boil for three minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Serve immediately or keep warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot.
Dip fresh apples, pears, bananas, graham crackers or gingersnaps in the Caramel Sauce.
Recipe tip: Prepare ahead and reheat in microwave. If sauce seems too thick, stir in 1 tablespoon water or milk.