Back to Recipe Search
Chocolate Fudge Thumbprint Cookies
The chocolate in the center hits the spot!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts (or other favorite nut)
- 1/3 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla in mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and egg. Add 3 cups of flour and salt until blended. If dough is not firm enough to roll into balls, add an additional 1/2 cup of flour. (Dough can be made ahead of time ad refrigerated for later use. Use within 48 hours.)
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll in walnuts to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press thumb firmly in the center of each cookie to make a deep indentation. Follow instructions below for chocolate filling. Fill each cookie prior to baking.
- Heat corn syrup in 1-quart microwave-safe cowl for approximately 1 minute. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt thoroughly. Using a rubber spatula, scrape into pastry bag or 1-quart plastic freezer bag. Seal tightly and snip off a tiny corner at the bottom of the bag. Squeeze filling into thumbprint holes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.