Back to Recipe Search
Double Chocolate Brownies
Rich and chewy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix, divided
- 1 small can (5 ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup reserved chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup reserved evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white, dark OR milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Reserve 1 cup cake mix and 1/3 cup evaporated milk to use in Filling.
- For BASE: Beat remaining cake mix, butter, remaining evaporated milk and walnuts in a large mixing bowl at low speed of an electric mixer just until combined. Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. (TIP: To prevent mixture from sticking to fingers, use a greased sheet of wax paper or greased spatula to press evenly into dish.)
- Bake 10 minutes. While base is baking, prepare FILLING.
- For FILLING: Combine reserved 1 cup cake mix, reserved 1/3 cup evaporated milk, corn syrup, sugar and eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer; beat in vanilla.
- Sprinkle semi-sweet and white chocolate chips over partially baked base. Carefully pour filling mixture over base.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is lightly browned around edges and just set. Cake may still appear slightly soft in center. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. (TIP: Use a greased plastic knife for easy cutting.)
- TIP: You can use any combination of your favorite chocolate chips as long as they total 2 cups. Nut lovers can sprinkle an extra 1 cup chopped walnuts over filling