Back to Recipe Search
Easter Basket Scotcheroos
Your favorite snack bar transformed into an adorable Easter treat.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cool Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24 baskets
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Green tinted coconut, optional
- Small Easter candies, such as jelly beans, etc.
- Spray muffin pans (24) with cooking spray.
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
Immediately portion into muffin pans. Butter hands or spray with cooking spray. Press cereal mixture into muffin pans, forming an indentation in the center of each. Let cool 10 minutes. Carefully remove "baskets" (using a knife, if needed) and place on waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Place a dollop of chocolate in center of each basket. Immediately sprinkle with coconut and top with desired Easter candies.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until chocolate is set.