Back to Recipe Search
Get creative with flavors and colors.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 36 Lollipops
- 3 dozen lollipop sticks
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon food coloring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons flavor extract
- Place sticks on parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving several inches between each stick.
- Cook and stir corn syrup, sugar and water in medium saucepan over medium heat to dissolve sugar, then cook, without stirring, to 300˚F or until small amount of mixture separates into hard, brittle threads in very cold water.
- Cool for one minute, then stir in food coloring and extract. To color and flavor: use red food color with anise; green with peppermint; yellow with lemon; and orange with orange flavoring, OR create your own flavor and color combinations!
- Pour a small amount of candy over one end of each popsicle stick to make a circle 2 inches across. If candy sets too hard to pour, stir over very low heat just to re-melt.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan. Store in a tightly covered container with waxed paper between layers OR wrap each individually.
- Recipe Note: For more intense flavor, use several drops of flavoring oils rather than extracts.