Back to Recipe Search
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
A peanut butter lover's dream!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Yield: 24 bars
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned OR quick oats (not instant)
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/3 cups candy-coated peanut butter pieces OR peanut butter chips OR chocolate chips (or a combination)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla; mix at medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Stir in candy-coated peanut butter pieces. Reserve 1-1/2 cups dough for topping.
- Spread remaining dough into bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; pour sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup evenly over hot crust. Drop small pieces of reserved dough over milk mixture.
- Return to oven. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars when cool.