Back to Recipe Search
Vintage Chocolate Sauce
A recipe from our archives. It makes a wonderful hostess gift.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 -1/4 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix sugar and cocoa in medium saucepan. Stir in milk, corn syrup and cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, until mixture boils. Boil for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm over brownies or cake. Refrigerate leftovers.