Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Argo® or Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 medium bananas
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream, optional
- Mix sugar, corn starch and salt thoroughly in heavy saucepan OR top of a double boiler. Whisk milk, egg yolks, and corn syrup together; add to sugar mixture and stir well to combine.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and butter.
- Slice bananas into bottom of pie crust. Pour filling over bananas; let cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.