Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 18 bars
- 1 cup KaroŽ Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy OR chunky)
- 1 package (7 ounces) OR 1-1/4 cups dried fruit pieces, such as: cranberries, raisins, chopped dates, cherries, diced apricots, etc...
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips OR candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil (OR in a 1-quart microwaveable container, microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes until syrup boils). Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and peanut butter until blended thoroughly. Add dried fruit mixture and nuts; stir to combine. Stir in cereal until thoroughly coated.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan and pat into place.
- Top with miniature chocolate chips and press down.
- Cool and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.