Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: per batch, 7 to 8 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen cookies
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands« Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands« Cream of Tartar
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons meringue powder
- 1/4 cup Karo« Light Corn Syrup
- Green food coloring
- Assorted decorations
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- To make dough: MIX powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until dough is completely chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375║F.
- DIVIDE dough into halves. Roll each half 1/4-inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into snowman and tree shapes using cookie cutters. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until edges are light brown, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- To make frosting: BEAT powdered sugar, water and meringue powder on low speed just until combined. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add corn syrup, beat 1 minute longer.
- TINT half of frosting with green food coloring. Frost cookies with green and white icing as desired. Use melted chocolate to form snowmen's hats. Decorate and let stand until frosting is set.