Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Yield: 24 bars
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup KaroŽ Light Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon ArgoŽ Baking Powder
- 1-1/3 cups strawberry jam
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, sugar and corn syrup in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and peanut butter until combined. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Add to peanut butter mixture; mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Divide dough into thirds. Press 2/3 of the dough in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch pan (OR for easy removal, line pan with greased foil, leaving 2 inches foil extending over pan at ends). Spread strawberry jam over dough. Drop small pieces of remaining dough over the jam. (Dough will spread during baking and cover jam.) Sprinkle top with peanuts.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack at least 30 minutes. If pan is lined with foil, use foil to lift bars from pan. Cut into squares. Serve with a glass of milk, if desired.