Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Yield: 4 cups, frosts 1 (9-inch) 2-layer cake
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Beat egg whites and salt in a large bowl with mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Combine Karo and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour hot syrup into egg whites in a fine steady stream while beating constantly. Beat in vanilla. Continue beating until mixture holds stiff peaks.
- Use frosting immediately.
- COCONUT FROSTING: Prepare Fluffy Frosting as above. Fold in 1 cup flaked coconut.